µC/OS-II: The Real-Time Kernel for the Kinetis ARM Cortex-M4
Learn the essentials of real-time operating systems.
The book describes practical, working applications for embedded medical devices built on μC/OS-II® and Freescale’s TWR-K53N512 medical board (ARM® Cortex™-M4) using IAR development tools. Each of the included examples feature hands-on working projects, which allow you to get your application running quickly, and can serve as a reference design for implementing μC/OS-II based applications.
This book is written for serious embedded systems programmers, consultants, hobbyists, and students interested in understanding how to use a real-time kernel. μC/OS-II® is more than just a great learning platform. It is a full commercial-grade software package, ready to serve as the foundation for a wide range of products.
μC/OS-II® is a highly portable, ROMable, scalable, preemptive real-time, multitasking kernel designed specifically to address the demanding requirements of today’s embedded systems.
Some of the features of μC/OS-II are:
- Preemptive multitasking real-time kernel
- Mutual exclusion semaphores with built-in priority ceiling protocol to prevent priority inversions
- Up to 254 application tasks (1 task per priority level), and unlimited number of kernel objects
- Highly scalable (6K to 24K bytes code space, 1K+ bytes data space)
- Very Low Interrupt Disable Time
Companion Software and eBooks
Every Micrium book includes complete project files containing exercises and Micrium source code.