Code Composer Studio

Code Composer Studio

Home Forums Real-Time Kernels Code Composer Studio

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Hohl 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

David Hohl
    Participant

OK, I tried running it with the ICDI, and it works fine. Bit 1 of CONTROL does get set by the “MSR CONTROL, R0” instruction, and the code runs fine.

I tried again using the J-Link, and sure enough, the bit does not get set. If I manually set it, the startup task gets launched. However, if I run from there, the LED does not blink, even though if I set breakpoints at the LED toggling the LED does turn on and off. This behavior also fixes itself if I do a CPU reset.

So it would appear that there are some serious issues with the CCS J-Link debugger. I will post on the TI web site to see if they can figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks again for all your help!

Regards,

Dave

David Hohl
    Participant

Hmmm, I thought I had posted my findings last night, but it looks like it did not go through, so here it is again:

I tried using the ICDI interface, and it works fine. If I just GO after downloading, the program runs and the LED blinks. I also single-stepped through the instructions in question and verified that the CONTROL and R1 registers are indeed getting set properly.

I have started a thread on the TI E2E Code Composer forum with the details of what we have found. Hopefully they will be able to sort things out. Once I get a resolution from them I will post here with the results.

Regards,

Dave

David Hohl
    Participant

Sorry for the delay in posting. I thought I had posted a response a few weeks ago, but I guess I was not logged in, and I missed the message indicating that.

I tried using the IDCI debugger, and it worked fine. I posted on the TI tech support forum, and they were able to reproduce the issue. They believe it is a Segger J-Link problem, and contacted Segger about it. Segger says they will look into it next week. I will post again when I hear back from them.

Regards,

Dave

David Hohl
    Participant

I am still waiting to hear from Segger on this. They apparently have a large backlog of issues, and could not tell me when they will be able to look into this one.

Regards,

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

View the complete site map

x