Compile under Linux

Compile under Linux

Home Forums Real-Time Kernels Compile under Linux

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Marck Boat 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Felipe G Magalhaes
    Participant

Hi there,
    I am a newbie regarding uC/OS III. I have worked with other OSs and tools, but I am struggling to properly find the answer to my question. I am using QEMU to simulate/emulate a PowerPC board and run my applications. I have been doing it fine for my bare-metal applications, which I compile using powerpc-eabi-gcc, on an Ubuntu Linux environment.

Now, I want to use uC/OS on the same environment. My question is, how can I properly compile and link uc/OS libraries and applications on Linux, in order to generate the binary file to download to the board / emulate on QEMU?

Thanks in advance!

Farukh Chaudhry
    Participant

Hello,

When building the project, are you getting a lot of errors due to uC/OS-III missing files?

Felipe G Magalhaes
    Participant

Hi, thank you for you reply!

The problem I am having is that I am not able to compile any project at all. As I said, I have the cross-compiler set (powerpc-eabi-*) and I have been using it for bare-metal applications without prejudice. Now, if I try to create a project with uC, nothing works.

For instance, I took the Blinky example, for MPC574 board. When I try to compile, I got this:

make all
    Building file: ../MPC574XG-324DS/NXP/MPC574XG-324DS/Blinky/OS3/main.c
    Invoking: Cross GCC Compiler
    powerpc-eabi-gcc -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF”MPC574XG-324DS/NXP/MPC574XG-324DS/Blinky/OS3/main.d” -MT”MPC574XG-324DS/NXP/MPC574XG-324DS/Blinky/OS3/main.o” -o “MPC574XG-324DS/NXP/MPC574XG-324DS/Blinky/OS3/main.o” “../MPC574XG-324DS/NXP/MPC574XG-324DS/Blinky/OS3/main.c”
    ../MPC574XG-324DS/NXP/MPC574XG-324DS/Blinky/OS3/main.c:37:11: fatal error: cpu.h: No such file or directory
    #include <cpu.h>
    ^~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    MPC574XG-324DS/NXP/MPC574XG-324DS/Blinky/OS3/subdir.mk:21: recipe for target ‘MPC574XG-324DS/NXP/MPC574XG-324DS/Blinky/OS3/main.o’ failed
    make: *** [MPC574XG-324DS/NXP/MPC574XG-324DS/Blinky/OS3/main.o] Error 1

Marck Boat
    Participant

1. It is blocked by an accessing synchronize resource (I/O block, mutex, semaphone).
    2. It volunteers to give up control of processor (call sleep() or pthread_yield()).
    3. The Scheduler suspends the thread when its running time exhausted. The running time depends on each thread’s priority.

If you want to know more about compile under Linux then visit our site:- RTOS Training Institute in Noida

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

View the complete site map

x