How to display a struct member through probe

How to display a struct member through probe

Home Forums Micrium Tools How to display a struct member through probe

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Hummel 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JackGukf@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi, when I load .out file through uc/Probe, I tried to display a struct member but the probe only gives the start address of the whole struct, no idea how to find and link this struct member, could you help to give some advice?

Thanks very much!

Matt Gordon
    Keymaster

What version of µC/Probe are you using? v4.1 of the tool (which is currently available for download) allows access to individual struct members. When a struct is selected on the left side of the Symbol Browser, its fields should appear in the Struct Configuration pane on the right side.

JackGukf@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi Matt:

I used a old version(4.0.7), today I tried latest v4.1, it has struct member symbol now. Thanks very much for your great help!

Jack Gu
    2017/03/08

Mike Hummel
    Participant

Hello:

I am using ver 4.2.17 of uC/Probe. Further to the question above, it seems that although struct members are listed, if you select a struct* in the All Symbols frame, it assumes the structure exists at the address of the pointer, not the address pointed to by the pointer. This causes incorrect values to be displayed. Or is there a way to tell it to redirect using the pointer value?

Thanks
    Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

View the complete site map

x