migration from FreeRTOS to OS III

migration from FreeRTOS to OS III

Home Forums Example Projects migration from FreeRTOS to OS III

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Farukh Chaudhry 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Derrick Ahipo
    Participant

I am doing a migration from FreeRTOS to OS III. I found the nice online documentation(https://doc.micrium.com/display/osiiidoc/uC-OS-III+API+Reference) that helped me with most of it. now I am converting a GUI library from EMBEDDED WIZARD that dynamically allocates memory with pvPortMalloc and vPortFree. but I cannot find anything to replace these functions. Does anyone know a way around it ? does any one have OS III working with EMBEDDED wizard?

I tried malloc and free but it is crashing.

Farukh Chaudhry
    Participant

Hello Derrick,

When you use malloc and free, what errors are you getting? Is it possible malloc allocates memory onto a task’s TCB which results in that task crashing?

Derrick Ahipo
    Participant

After further development and also talking to Embedded wizard, the issue is that the RGBA library is based on FreeRTOS and not MICRIUM OSIII. Do you have a RGBA library for the Renesas RZ/A1H?

Farukh Chaudhry
    Participant

Hello Derrick,

This explains the problem your having, but getting the RGBA library based on Micrium will be up to Embedded Wizard?
    Do you have the source code for the RGBA library?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

View the complete site map

x