NXP MCIMX6UL-EVK Ping

NXP MCIMX6UL-EVK Ping

Home Forums Example Projects NXP MCIMX6UL-EVK Ping

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hilary; Michel 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Yanko Sosa
    Keymaster

Ping example project on the MCIMX6UL-EVK using uC/TCPIP and uC/DHCPc with uC/OS-III

https://www.micrium.com/download/mcimx6ul-evk_ping

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Yanko Sosa.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Yanko Sosa.

Hilary; Michel
    Participant

Followed all the directions in the read me file and the example crashes when it executes the call
    APP_TRACE_INFO((“Creating Application Objects…\n\r”)); in StartupTask it seems to be in exception handling
    at CTRL_C1_W which is right after OS_CPU_ARM_EXCEPT_IRQ

I can run a FreeRTOS based example on the board. It also uses the IAR compiler.

Fernando Flores
    Keymaster

Hilary,

The project was created with IAR version 8.20.1, so IAR must have done something to their printf libraries to cause this issue on their latest version using this MCU. APP_TRACE_INFO() uses printf to output to the Terminal I/O, and we do not have control over those libraries.

IAR also has a ‘Getting Started” project on the same board where I am able to replicate a similar behavior when changing the following options in the IAR project options.
    General Options -> Library Configuration -> Library low-level interface implementation -> Choose Semihosted
    General Options -> Library Options 1 -> check the box ‘Buffered terminal output’
    These are the same configurations that our IAR 8.20.1 workspace is using.

You can also disable our project printf functionality by going to ‘app_cfg.h’ and changing the #define APP_CFG_TRACE_LEVEL to TRACE_LEVEL_OFF. However you will need to put a breakpoint at in AppTCPIP_PrintIPAddr() and check the local variables to see what is the IP address giving to the target.

If you still need printf functionality then follow the IAR ‘Getting started’ example and implement the low-level function size_t __write() and make sure to uncheck the box ‘Buffered terminal output’ from IAR project options.

Hilary; Michel
    Participant

I don’t think it is a printf issue. Actually the code hangs when it tries to initialize the QSPI. The other RTOS project I had had a build configuration for using the DDR instead of the QSPI because it is not possible to debug code using the QSPI.

Fernando Flores
    Keymaster

Our original project(https://www.micrium.com/download/mcimx6ul-evk_ping) does not initialize QSPI in any of the BSP functions.

Hilary; Michel
    Participant

You were correct it was not hanging in the QSPI.
    I made sure that the options settings were set as you suggested. That did not help.
    But setting the trace level to TRACE_LEVEL_OFF did allow the code to run. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

View the complete site map

x