uC/Probe and Embedded Workbench

uC/Probe and Embedded Workbench

Home Forums Micrium Tools uC/Probe and Embedded Workbench

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rinku sharma 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Zack Greenwood
    Participant

in my project I have an NXP LPCXpresso54102 board and I run IAR Embedded Workbench. I want to use uC/Probe but I’m not sure how to start. Advice?

Matt Gordon
    Keymaster

One of the easiest ways for users of Embedded Workbench to get µC/Probe up and running is to use the µC/Probe plugin that comes with all fairly recent versions of the IDE. To enable the plugin for one of your Embedded Workbench projects, you should first right-click the project’s name in the Workspace window and select Options from the resulting menu. In the Options dialog that subsequently appears, you should select Debugger from the Category list on the left and then, after clicking the right-most Plugins tab, check the box for the uC/Probe plugin that appears at the bottom of the Select plugins to load list.

With the plugin enabled, Embedded Workbench will start a µC/Probe proxy server each time you run your code in the C-Spy debugger. This proxy server waits for requests from µC/Probe to read and write various memory locations on your target board. The server, in other words, stands between the tool and your board, allowing µC/Probe to interact with Embedded Workbench rather than sending read and write requests directly to the board through, for example, a hardware debug unit.

Since µC/Probe supports a number of different communication mechanisms, it must be configured to send its requests to Embedded Workbench. This can easily be done through the tool’s Settings dialog, which is accessible via the Settings button that appears near the top left-hand corner of the main program window. To facilitate communication with the plugin, you should select the TCP/IP option from Target Resident Code in the Settings dialog, and you should then specify localhost in the Remote Host field.

Once you’ve made this change in Settings, you’ll be able to proceed with µC/Probe much as you would on any other communication interface. For the most part, to use µC/Probe, you simply drag and drop different graphical components onto data screens and then associate the components with your embedded system’s variables. (It’s worth mentioning that an embedded system used with µC/Probe need not be based on the µC/OS-II or µC/OS-III kernels, since the tool is not dependent on Micrium’s embedded software modules.) For more information on basic µC/Probe operations, you can consult the videos available on Micrium’s Web site.

Rinku sharma
    Participant

I have used this Plugin Embedded Workbench will start a µC/Probe proxy server each time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

View the complete site map

x