USB msc

USB msc

Home Forums USB Device & Host USB msc

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam Turner 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tim Milliken
    Participant

I have configured the mass storage driver and it appears in device manager in Windows. The disk also shows in “my computer” but it does not show the size or that the sdcard is in. The uC-FS prints the details about the card via the comm port, but it does not seem to be getting reported to Windows via USB. Any ideas?

Hi,
    Since you use a removable media, make sure you set the configuration USBD_SCSI_CFG_REFRESH_TASK_EN to DEF_ENABLED (located in usbd_cfg.h). Otherwise, the insertion/removal of the SD card wont be detected and the media will never appear in “My Computer”.

Tim Milliken
    Participant

I have tried that. The issue is that I want to use a ram disk and sd card at same time. The sd card will not be removable while the unit is powered. I have tried both settings to no avail.

In order to have 2 logical units (one RAMDisk and the SD card), you will have to use µC/FS Storage driver for both and create a RAMDisk drive in µC/FS. Both logical unit will then have to be added to the MSC device via the function USBD_MSC_LunAdd().

Have you been able to make the RAMDisk LUN work correctly?

Tim Milliken
    Participant

Yes, I have the ramdisk working. It is slow to show in windows but it does work. The sd card never reports the size to windows.

Have you been able to make it work with the µC/FS storage driver or the RAMDisk driver (i.e. Class\MSC\Storage\RAMDisk\usbd_storage.c or Class\MSC\Storage\uC-FS\V4\usbd_storage.c)?

Tim Milliken
    Participant

Yes, I have the ramdisk working. While not 100% reliable on my dev pc, it works fine on others. I am sure that is a windows issue on my dev pc since it works fine with other pc’s.

Adam Turner
    Participant

Hi,
    Since you use a removable media, make sure you set the configuration USBD_SCSI_CFG_REFRESH_TASK_EN to DEF_ENABLED (located in usbd_cfg.h). Otherwise, the insertion/removal of the SD card wont be detected and the media will never appear in “My Computer”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

View the complete site map

x