Xilinx Zync Ultrascale+ USB Device

Xilinx Zync Ultrascale+ USB Device

Home Forums USB Device & Host Xilinx Zync Ultrascale+ USB Device

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sharbel Bousemaan 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mahdi Javer
    Participant

Hi,

I have downloaded the trial version of the Xilinx SDK (version 1.43) to setup a Zync Ultrascale+. I have been able to get the basic OS up and running and get the hello world application going on the Cortex-A53 processor. The hardware I am using is the Ultra96 development kit from Avnet.

I tried to add the USB Device to the board support package (ucos_usbd), when project tries to compile it cannot find the correct usb library file. I see the following message in the console window:

“Running Make libs in psu_cortexa53_0/libsrc/ucos_usbd_v1_43/src”
    C:/Xilinx/SDK/2018.2/gnuwin/bin/make -C psu_cortexa53_0/libsrc/ucos_usbd_v1_43/src -s libs “SHELL=CMD” “COMPILER=aarch64-none-elf-gcc” “ARCHIVER=aarch64-none-elf-ar” “COMPILER_FLAGS= -O2 -c” “EXTRA_COMPILER_FLAGS=-g -Wall -Wextra”
    “Compiling uC/USB-Device”
    “uC/USB-Device sources not found, using pre-compiled library”
    cp: cannot stat `D:/builds/micrium/ucos_v1_43/micrium_libraries/libucusbd-osiii-v8a.a’: No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** [lib_copy] Error 1
    make[1]: Target `libs’ not remade because of errors.
    make: *** [psu_cortexa53_0/libsrc/ucos_usbd_v1_43/src/make.libs] Error 2

It looks like the “libucusbd-osiii-v8a.a” file is not included in the trial package I downloaded. I attempted to create a BSP for the Cortex-R5 as well just to see if that would work instead, but it appears that the “libucusbd-osiii-v7r.a” is also missing from the trial package.

I was wondering if I could get a copy of the library file to fix this issue and continue to test out the system.

Thanks

Hello Mahdi,

The Ultrascale’s USB controller differs from the Zynq7000, and it requires a new driver to be developed.
    It is not currently supported by our repository.
    This is why no USB libraries are being shipped for the A53 or R5 in our latest release.

Regards,
    Sharbel

Mahdi Javer
    Participant

Hi Sharbel,

Are there any plans to support the Ultrascale+ USB controller in the near future? What would be the timeline for developing the new driver?

Thanks,
    Mahdi

Hello Mahdi,

This is not currently on our road map for the near future.

Regards,
    Sharbel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

View the complete site map

x