Secure Sockets Layer
A robust and secure Secure Sockets Layer module.
Return to the Micrium OS Overview
What is Mocana NanoSSL?
Mocana's NanoSSL™ technology authenticates endpoints and encrypts channels to provide session privacy and security on the Internet.
This module is available for purchase separately from Micrium OS.
NanoSSL is ideal for IoT devices — such as medical equipment, industrial sensors, smart grid devices, camcorders, and many others — that need to transport data securely over the Internet.
NanoSSL is built for efficiency and high performance with support for TLS 1.2 and TLS certificate management. The memory footprint is remarkably small: 60K of RAM is required per secured socket.
This module is available for purchase separately.
NanoSSL supports the following RFCs:
- RFC-2246: TLS Protocol Version 1.0
- RFC-3268: AES Ciphersuites for Transport Layer Security
- RFC-3280: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
- RFC-3546: Transport Layer Security Extensions (partially supported)
- RFC-4279: Pre-Shared Key Ciphersuites for Transport Layer Security
- RFC 4346: TLS 1.1
- RFC 4492: Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- RFC 5246: The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2
- RFC 5288: AES Galois Counter Mode (GCM) Cipher Suites for TLS
- RFC 5289: TLS Elliptic Curve Cipher Suites with SHA-256/384 and AES Galois Counter Mode (GCM)
- RFC 5430: Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- RFC 5746: Renegotiation Indication Extension
- RFC 6066: Transport Layer Security (TLS) Extensions (partially supported, for Server Name Indication (SNI) and Certificate Status (OCSP stapling) extensions only)
Contact us today and start working with Micrium OS