Micrium's reliable and trusted real-time operating system captured 27% of the embedded market in 2015.

Micrium's µC/OS-II and µC/OS-III together were revealed to be the industry’s most-used RTOS — either commercial or open-source — in the 2015 UBM Electronics Group Embedded Markets Study.

Operating Systems Currently in Use

In the chart below, you can see that µC/OS-II is used by 19% of the embedded developers surveyed, and µC/OS-III is used by 8%, for a total 27% market share. Further, UBM reports that Micrium's µC/OS is wildly popular in Asia, holding a 42% share of the Asian market.

UBM Survey Results - Micrium Holds 27% of the Market

UBM Survey Results - Micrium Holds 27% of the Market

Operating Systems Considered for 2016

Looking forward to 2016, UBM reported that 36% of the developers surveyed are considering Micrium for their next project. µC/OS-III is being considered by 19% of respondants, while µC/OS-II is being considered by 17% of the market.

UBM Survey Results - 36% Considering Micrium in the Next 12 Months

UBM Survey Results - 36% Considering Micrium in the Next 12 Months


Learn More

If you want to learn out more about Micrium's RTOS solutions, contact us today.

Inquiry About UBM Survey